We aim to ensure that no one will sleep rough on the streets of Bury. Through partnership working, we’re dedicated to making sure that anyone identified as a rough sleeper will not sleep out for another night.
We aim to:
- Provide a rapid response to new rough sleepers, based on better intelligence and public awareness
- Provide a single offer of support based on each individual’s needs, meaning no-one need spend a second night on the street
- Help rough sleepers to access a place of safety, where they can get the support they need
- Reconnect rough sleepers from outside the area with their community.
We can do this through:
- A 24-hour rough sleeping messaging service
- A dedicated webpage to support the public reporting of rough sleepers
- A series of dedicated drop-in sessions in Bury
- Street outreach work.
Through dedicated drop-in sessions, clear referral routes, and robust outreach services, we aim to provide a rapid response to ensure appropriate solutions to rough sleeping are identified, and to offer person-centred support through joint working.
You can help by letting us know about anyone you think may be rough sleeping:
- E-mail us with the details
- Call our Referral Line on 07813 459832.
- 24-hour Messaging Service on 07813 459832.
- Text us on 07813 459832.
Monday: Humphrey House, Angouleme Way, Bury – 8am-12pm
Friday: Mosses Centre, Cecil Street, Bury – 8am–12pm
Appointments can be arranged for other times by contacting 07813 459832.
If you have an emergency out of office hours, the Emergency Duty Team at Bury Council can be contacted on 0161 253 6606 between 5:00pm-8:45am Monday to Friday and all day Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.