Call us today:

01282 686300

Coronavirus (Covid-19) information and updates

Homes service

COVID Level: Roadmap Out of Lockdown

Welcome to our dedicated Coronavirus page.

This is where you will find regular updates and advice on the coronavirus and our services, including information on the measures we are putting in place to protect our customers and colleagues

step 3: road out of lockdown

From 17th May 2021 –  England:

Indoor hospitality has opened up and you can now meet up to six people, or two households, indoors, including in private homes.

Outdoor gatherings of up to 30 people are now allowed.

You must work from home if possible.

You can find out more on coronavirus guidance and the current restrictions here.

From 21st May 2021, if you’re in an area where the new COVID-19 variant is spreading

  • Bedford Borough Council
  • Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council
  • Bolton Metropolitan Borough Council
  • Burnley Borough Council
  • Kirklees Council
  • Leicester City Council
  • London Borough of Hounslow
  • North Tyneside Council

In the areas listed above, wherever possible, you should try to:

  • Meet outside rather than inside where possible
  • Keep 2 metres apart from people that you don’t live with (unless you have formed a support bubble with them), this includes friends and family you don’t live with
  • Minimise travel in and out of affected areas

You should also:

  • Get tested twice a week for free and isolate if you are positive
  • Continue to work from home if you can
  • Get vaccinated when you are offered it, and encourage others to do so as well

Updated: 1st June 2021

Our Services

The safety of our customers and colleagues is our number one priority.

In these unprecedented times, we are doing our very best to continue providing the most essential services to our customers in the safest way.

We have developed a number of risk assessments to support us in doing so, which can be found here. 



After assessing the recent Government COVID guidelines, our Croft Street reception services in Burnley re-opened on Monday 12th April.

This is open to customers and members of the public from Monday – Friday between 09:00 to 13:00.

You find full details here.


We are continuing to deliver a full repairs service, including catching-up on repairs reported during lockdown. You can report a repair by calling us on 01282 686 300. Click here for more information.

Rent Payments

Rent payments can still be made online or by calling us on 01282 686300 Please tell us if you are experiencing difficulties. For more information on how our Tenancy Sustainment Team can help you click here. 

Finding a Home

We are continuing to process housing applications, viewings and letting our empty homes to new customers as normal. Click here for more information on how to register for one of our homes.

Valley Street: Our Valley Street Community Centre in Burnley is currently closed to the public.

We know that the centre is an important part of our community and provides support for all residents, however, we are doing our very best to keep everyone safe and have to prioritise the health of everyone involved during these uncertain times.

Burnley Together: We’re working with the Council and partner agencies to help people access support. We want to bring together all the people who are helping our community to be safe in the most difficult times so that, if you aren’t sure who to turn to – we’ll know someone who can help.  Call or email seven days a week 01282 686 402 

Evictions: We want to reassure tenants that no one will be evicted from their home as a result of COVID-19. As a not-for-profit organisation rooted in the community, we want to support residents who are facing a tough time because of the pandemic.

If you are facing unexpected financial difficulties or would like support to make a new claim for benefits due to change in circumstances, please email or call 01282 686 300.

We will work with our customers on a case-by-case basis to agree the best solution to help with personal circumstances. We have Tenancy Sustainment Officers who can give benefits advice and can support customers to find out if they might qualify for any benefits.

As new information about coronavirus becomes available we’ll continue to update this page, so please keep checking back.

If you have read our additional pages and FAQs and have not found the answer to your question, please call us on 01282 686300.