What does the neighbourhood look like?
The area mostly consists of private owned properties, in a mixture of home styles.
Types of properties in neighbourhoods
The area includes two and three bedroom properties, alongside one bedroom flats and sheltered bungalows.
Things to do
Relax with the family in the nearby parkland. Grab the latest best seller at the nearby library.
Nearby facilities (shops, restaurants, pubs, etc)
There are a number of local restaurants, take-aways and fast food outlets nearby. The town is also very near to Burnley Town Centre.
If you have friends or relatives coming to visit for a short while, thay could stay in the nearby Premier Inn.
There are several local doctors’ surgeries – the nearest is Daneshouse Medical Centre.
Briercliffe Road Dental Practice is also nearby.
Schools and other places of education
There are several local schools nearby, including:
- Sir John Thursby Community College
- Reedley Hallows Nursery School and Children’s Centre
- St Johns R C Primary School
- Heasandford Primary School
- Casterton Primary School
- Thomas Whitham Sixth Form
- Barden Primary School
- Blessed Trinity Roman Catholic College
Places of worship
The nearest places of worship are:
- St Cuthbert C Of E Church
- St John The Baptist R C Church
- The Central Mosque
- St Andrews Church Burnley-
- St Peters Church
- Queensgate Islamic Centre
- Merkazie Jamia Mosque Ghosia
Local community groups and resources
Get involved in your area with Thursby Gardens community centre and Central Briercliffe Action Group.
The nearest supermarkets are Sainsbury’s, Asda, Tesco and Aldi. The area is also a short distance away from Burnley town centre.
Public transport link
There is a great bus service that runs to Burnley town centre and neighbouring towns.