We hope you have many long, happy years in your home. However, there may come a time when you need to move.

If your home is no longer right for you, the easiest solution could be moving to another Calico property.

The time it takes to get a transfer will depend on what other homes are available, the popularity of the area you want to move to, and your reasons for moving.

It’s also important to know that problems such as rent arrears, anti-social behaviour, and failing to look after your current home, can prevent you from transferring to another property.

We can give you advice about transfer applications, explain about renting a home from us, and show you any homes that are available.

If we can’t give you the accommodation you want, ask us about a transfer to another housing association or council. Again, your chances of a transfer depend on your needs and the homes available.

You can also exchange your home with another Calico customer, or a customer of another housing association, providing we and the other landlords agree. Again, many exchanges are straightforward, but requests can be refused if:
  • Anyone involved has breached the Tenancy Agreement or has rent arrears
  • The exchange would mean overcrowding or under-occupation, or someone moving to special needs accommodation they don’t need..

Remember, you may gain or lose rights if you exchange.

If you want to apply for a transfer, or want more general information, contact us by e-mail, or call 01282 686300.

Search for properties through B-with-us.