You should feel safe in your home. However, if there are times when you do not, we want you to tell us immediately. Our service is here to help you at every point. Trust us to find a solution that works for you. Each case is unique, and so are you. That’s why we involve you in decision-making. Like you, we want a lasting solution.
What you can expect from Calico?
We will act. We take a stand against all anti-social behaviour and serious issues such as racial or sexual harassment, violence, domestic abuse and threatening behaviour.
Each action we take depends on the incident and its seriousness. Visits and warning letters deal with most incidents of anti-social behaviour. Only in some cases do we have to use legal action, such as an injunction, an ASBO or an eviction. Remember – four out of five cases are, thankfully, resolved without legal action.
Neighbour disputes are best resolved by mediation – this is where an agency helps both parties sort out the issue. If you can’t approach your neighbour directly, we recommend this approach.
- acknowledge all complaints within 24 hours
- contact you within 5 working days to investigate.
- Where violence or harassment is involved, we’ll speak to you within 24 hours.
Here are some examples of anti-social behaviour:
- Communal area/loitering
- Domestic abuse
- Garden nuisance
- Hate related crime
- Non-violent criminal activity
- Other violence
- Pets and animals
- Rubbish/dirty properties
Our Service Standards in Full
- All reports will be dealt with in confidence and will be investigated.
- Every report will be recorded within 24 hours of the initial complaint.
- A Neighbourhood Officer will speak to the complainant within five working days of the report being made.
- In urgent cases, (such as hate crime, violence against the person, or a serious threat of violence), a Neighbourhood Officer will speak to the complainant on the same day, or within 24 hours after receipt of the report.
- In most cases, the Neighbourhood Officer will interview the alleged perpetrator (the person believed to be causing the ASB) within 5 days of the initial report.
- Weekly contact will be maintained with the complainant whilst the case is open.
- The Neighbourhood Officer will agree an action plan with the complainant.
- A member of staff, other than the Neighbourhood Officer dealing with the case, will contact the complainant after the initial six weeks to check how satisfied the complainant is with our handling of the case.
- Cases will be closed when there have been no further incidents for six weeks.
Calico – 01282 686300
It’s Your Call (the local council) – 0845 605 2222
Police – 01282 425001
SMILE (Specialist Mediation In Lancashire East) – 01282 436989
Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) – 01282 424655