Working Safely in Your Home
The safety of our customers and staff is our number one priority, and we are continuing to follow government advice and guidelines.
We are continuing to deliver a full repairs service, including catching-up on repairs reported during lockdown. We have carefully considered the risks and all staff have received appropriate guidance and training to ensure they are working safely in your home.
We know the situation around the country is changing on a daily basis and it is important to note that our approach may be affected by any further local COVID-19 outbreaks, as well as any re-instated lockdown measures. We will continue to monitor the situation locally and adjust our services as necessary.
An emergency repair is required when there is an immediate risk to the health and safety of you and your home.
Examples of emergency repairs are:
- Severe leaks which can’t be contained
- Major electrical failure
- Exposed live electrical wires.
To find out which repairs fall under this category please click here.
To report an emergency repair, you must call us on 01282 686300 and speak with one of our friendly customer service advisors who will assist you.
Our Repairs team are working hard to catch up on the backlog of repair requests and we would ask for your patience and understanding during this time, as it is possible that some newly reported routine repairs will take longer than our standard 20 days to complete as we catch up.
We will continue to prioritise the most urgent repairs to keep you safe in your home.
It is essential you tell us in advance if you, or someone in your property has a suspected or confirmed case of Coronavirus as this will help us plan what equipment we need to ensure the safety of our Operatives and your household.
If your repair is inside the property, we will ask you to isolate yourself from the area of repair for as long as possible before and while the repair takes place. We may ask you to undertake other measures, but these will be discussed with you before we arrive.
Yes, if you have a gas safety check booked in with us, this will be taking place as normal. We will be calling ahead to check if you, or anyone in your household, is self-isolating, presenting symptoms or has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
Annual gas safety checks are there to help keep you and your home safe, ensuring that all of the equipment in the property is fit for purpose and that things are working as they should be. We understand that you may have reservations about visits from our team during the COVID-19 outbreak, however, it’s important that we continue to carry out these vital checks.
• Our team will contact you on the day of your appointment to advise they are coming and to ask if you are well.
• Sanitise their hands before entering your home
• On arriving at your home, they will maintain the appropriate social distance
• Surfaces will be wiped down during and on completion of the repair
• Complete the repair as quickly as possible
• All staff carry PPE including hand sanitiser, overalls and masks for extra protection where required
• Let us know before we attend your home if you are feeling unwell and need to rearrange your repair.
• Speak to our team member on arrival should you have any concerns or require them to wear additional PPE.
• Leave internal doors open so the team touch as little as possible on the way to the work area
• Open windows to allow good ventilation in the work area
• Maintain a social distance and remain in another room whilst the repair work is completed
• Let us know if you have any concerns about the work we have completed by contacting us on 01282 686300