Calico Homes are taking applications from local community projects for funding via their Activities Based in the Community (ABC) Fund.
The fund has been set up to help people access funding where they might not otherwise qualify, to carry out activities which will be of benefit to the community.
There is a maximum of £300 available per applicant/event in one year. This is to enable the fund to assist as many local projects as possible and benefit more communities.
Calico Homes are looking to fund projects which contribute towards the following priorities:
- Encouraging people to spend time away from technology
- Encouraging people to spend time talking to one another
- Encouraging people to be more active
- Providing people with opportunities to socialise
- Encouraging people to have higher aspirations
- Tackling loneliness
- Encouraging young people to become involved in their community
- Supporting people in deprived neighbourhoods
Alicia Foley, Community Investment Manager at Calico Homes, says: ”We are keen to hear from projects that will benefit from a small grant. Our Neighbourhood Reps decide what local priorities are so the fund is very much led by what our customers want in their communities. We look forward to hearing about new project ideas.”
Applications, along with all the supporting information, need to be submitted by 17:00 on Friday 24 May, 2019.
If you’d like to apply for funding, please visit https://calicohomes.org.uk/abc-fund-form/ (T&Cs apply – you can find the full list here) or contact the Calico Community Involvement Team on 02182 686 300 for further information.