Call us today:

01282 686300

Find a new home 

Everybody deserves a place that’s safe and warm and that they can call their home, so we provide a range of homes to suit many different people’s needs, including houses, flats, and supported housing.

Much more than that; we also help you access support, training and more so you live your best life – whatever your circumstances.

Finding your next home, and your best life, could be just a click away.

About B-with-us

We’re a part of B-with-us, a partnership between local councils and social landlords East Lancashire. Most of our properties are advertised through B-with-us, so you need to apply on that website.

Apply today on B-with-us

Making a complaint by phone

Call us on 01282 686 300

Pop into our reception


We work with lots of people to help them find comfortable, secure homes, and support services for those who need them.

We are a member of B-with-us, where you can easily apply online for a range of homes across Pennine Lancashire

Simply register with B-with-us and start your search.

If you’re already a Calico customer, you might consider Homeswapper.

If you need any support in registering with B-with-us or completing the forms, please call us and we will support you to do this.

More information about moving to a Calico Home

What you can expect


You should expect to move in to a clean home where things work as they should. To make sure this happens, we’ve set standards that your home must meet before you move in.

You can find out more about what to expect inside and outside your home by clicking on the link below.

What to expect

Letting people know

There are a number of people you will need to notify when you move into your home. These include:

  • Bank/building society
  • Doctor
  • Dentist
  • Council Tax office
  • DVLA
  • Energy suppliers
  • Benefit agencies.

You’ll need to give them your new address, including the postcode.

It’s also important that you know where the gas and electric meters are, as well as stop taps and your fuse box.

If you have any queries about your rubbish collection, or if you have any large items for pick-up, contact your Local Council:

Please remember – your Council is the place to go if you need a wheelie bin. We do not provide them.

Tenancy visits

Our team of Neighbourhood Officers work with you in your neighbourhoods and deliver our services where you live.

They are your first point of contact with us for advice about anything to do with your tenancy or your neighbourhood.

They aim to ensure you receive an excellent service from us and that we respond to your concerns quickly and efficiently.

Our Neighbourhood Officers also carry out regular tenancy visits.

These help us check that the information we have about you is up to date. It also helps us identify any services we can provide that you don’t already receive.

As part of the visit, we carry out a brief inspection of the property to identify any repairs that may be required.

If your home is no longer suitable for your needs, we will be able to discuss a move to another property as part of the visit.

If you are interested in moving to a smaller property, we will arrange a new time to discuss this further, when you may wish to have another family member present.

Your responsibilities

You need to sign a tenancy agreement before you move in. This is an important legal document, and you should always have your copy handy – it may help if you are making any benefit claims.

The agreement is a contract between us and you, and sets out your rights and responsibilities as a customer.

Joint tenants have equal rights and responsibilities – you will both be responsible for making sure rent is paid, and you will both have the same right to claim housing benefit.

Similarly, you will both have the same right to stay in the property.

Your tenancy agreement

Some new customers (except those in older people’s housing) may have a Starter Tenancy when they join us. This is a trial period of one year.

Your tenancy will be reviewed after eight months and, if everything is OK, your tenancy will convert to an Assured Tenancy. This will be confirmed in writing by your Neighbourhood Officer following a home visit.

In very rare circumstances, we may have to end your tenancy if you:

  • Don’t pay your rent
  • Don’t look after the property
  • Give us false information about your household
  • Cause a nuisance or harass your neighbours
  • Allow people living with you or visiting you to cause a nuisance or harass your neighbours
  • Allow criminal acts to take place in your home.
Translate »