You can also contact us in writing.
Send your correspondence to our Customer Services Team, Calico Homes, Centenary Court, Croft Street, Burnley BB11 2ED
Our customer service standards
Customer Service standards
The customer service standards outline the levels of service that our customers can expect to receive when they contact us. We are committed to achieving high levels of customer satisfaction across all services. We will monitor our performance against customer feedback and report on the measurable service standards. Individual performance targets are reviewed annually.
A) We will always:
- Listen, be polite, friendly, patient, honest and helpful whenever you deal with us.
- Resolve your enquiry fully, but if for any reason we can’t do this straightaway we will identify an appropriate colleague or relevant support agency that can help.
- Keep you informed of our timescales and the progress of your enquiry, replying to call back requests within 48hours.
- Provide accessible services for all.
- We can provide the information you need in alternative forms e.g. large print, audio format, Braille and arrange telephone translations with the Language Line service. (Please note – the written translation service takes up to 7 days).
- Deliver our services in a way that does not discriminate against anyone.
B) If you visit our offices, we will:
- Ensure our offices are accessible, welcoming, clean and tidy.
- Have a wide range of customer information available on display.
- Aim to greet you within 5 minutes.
- Try to see you if you do not already have a prior appointment, or make another suitable appointment with the person you need to see.
- Provide accessible services for all, including access to computers, private meeting rooms, disables toilets and hearing loop facilities.
C) When you call us, we will:
- Aim to answer 80% of calls within 30 seconds.
- Ask you to confirm your name, address, telephone and email details.
- Aim to answer your enquiry in full at the first point of contact.
- If we cannot fully resolve your enquiry at the first point of contact, we will pass you onto the right person or service that can.
- Reply to any call back requests, left on the Contact Centre voicemail, within 15 minutes.
- Reply to any call back requests left with non-Contact Centre staff within 48 hours.
- Have up to date voicemail greetings in place, if we cannot answer our telephone.
- Provide an out of hour’s emergency repairs service, when our offices are closed.
D) When you email email@example.com or write to us requesting information, we will:
- Acknowledge receipt of your email immediately.
- Answer your email enquiry within 2* working days.
- Acknowledge letters within 3* working days of receipt.
- Answer any complaint within 10* working days.
- If we can’t achieve these timescales we will contact you to explain why and agree a fresh timescale with you.
- Use plain English, jargon free language.
* Working days do not include weekends or public holidays.
E) If a member of The Calico Group or a contractor visits you in your home, they will:
- Allow time for you to answer the door or the telephone, if you have mobility problems.
- Provide their name and show you their identity card.
- Respect your property and your personal belongings.
- Leave you a calling card, as appropriate to the service area, showing the time of our visit, with the name and a contact telephone number, if you are not at home.
- Notify you in advance if we are unable to keep our appointment and rearrange it at your convenience.