We want to make sure your home is a safe place for you to live, and for the property to always be of an acceptable standard.
Whilst we’re here to assist with repairs and improvements you need, some jobs are your responsibility as a customer.
Whether they are indoors or outdoors, you should carry out any of the following if you are able, or seek a qualified tradesperson.
If you have difficulty
Most of these jobs should be fairly easy to do, but it’s important to let us know if you are struggling or have any particular difficulties, such as a disability that might prevent you from doing this.
We will take your specific needs into account wherever you need extra help.
In the bathroom
- Bath panel
- Bathroom fixtures such as toilet seats, bathroom cabinets,
mirrors, towel rails, shower curtains and toilet roll holders
Ceilings, walls and floors
- Filling plaster cracks e.g. cracks and small holes
- All decoration – unless the problem is caused by structural damage
- Extensive or major plastering works for cosmetic or painted finish purposes
- Loose floor coverings and fitted carpets
- House Alarms
- Security Lighting (unless installed by Calico)
- Street lighting is the responsibility of Burnley Borough Council/ LCC – it is the responsibility of the tenant to report it to them
- Cookers and other appliances
- Disconnection and reconnection of cookers
- Domestic appliances installation and repair of washing machines, cookers, fridges etc.
- Electric meter and supply of electricity (through your energy provider)
- Repair/replacement of light bulbs/fluorescent tubes/starter and security bulbs
- Replacement bulb in electric fire
- Re-setting trip switches
- Security alarm
- TV aerials and satellite dishes
Garages, Sheds, and Outbuildings
- Repairs on outbuildings and roofs not connected to the home
- Gaining entry/providing a new lock and keys – when customer has lost keys
Gardens and Boundaries
- Garden maintenance such as lawns, dustbins and refuse
- Television aerials and satellite dishes (we maintain those in
- Washing posts and lines
Heating and insulation
- Customers to ensure that their home is adequately heated and has ventilation so to minimise condensation
- Cupboard drawers
- Cupboard door catches, handles and hinges
- Clearing blocked sinks, bath/hand basin waste pipes and shower wastes
- Blocked toilets
- Replacement or repairs of toilet seats
- Replacing plugs and chains
- Replacement shower heads and hoses
- Plumbing in washing machines, dishwashers and other such appliances
Windows and doors
- Gaining entry
- Glazing where caused accidentally, or otherwise, by the
- New lock/keys